- 300g pasta (we used conchiglie)
- 1 head of broccoli
, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g ham, cut into chunks (get a nice thick slice from the deli counter)
- 300ml pot double cream
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 140g mature cheddar, grated
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the broccoli florets to the pan for the final 4 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 5 mins to soften, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Stir in the ham, cream and mustard, then bring to the boil. Add the pasta and broccoli, then stir in the cheese, coating everything in the sauce.