At Joie, our number one aim is to make life with children less work and more fun! That’s why we’ve come up with a few handy hints and tips for how to make travelling as easy and stress free as possible for you and your family!
Our top tips for travelling with your little ones:
- When travelling by car, make sure that you remove items of clothing such as padded coats or snowsuits when your child is in their car seat (this extra padding will prevent the harness from being fitted correctly)
- Bring plenty of snacks, drinks and toys to keep your little one happy and entertained for longer journeys or time spent waiting around in airports and stations
- Ensure that you wash the wheels and brakes of your pushchair down if used on a beach or sandy area in order to prevent premature wear/damage
- A lightweight stroller can be invaluable when travelling
- Keep car journeys less than 2 hours at a time, by this time your little one will need a break from their car seat and it is highly recommended to take them out of their car seat for a little bit (if you know your baby is going to be in their car seat for a long period of time you may want to consider a lie-flat car seat)
- Have some fun games prepared for your journey – games such as eye spy and the alphabet game can be great for keeping your little ones occupied when doing long car journeys or waiting for flights or trains!
Make sure your car seat is installed correctly! When doing any car journey it is vital to make sure your car seat is correctly installed:
- You can usually always visit local retailer to have the car seat correctly fitted by trained staff members – they will also be able to offer advice on which car seat to purchase if you are unsure
- If you have ISOFIX points in your car it is always recommended to use an ISOFIX car seat – it’s much easier to install an isofix seat correctly. If you are using a belt fitted seat it is essential that the seatbelt is correctly guided around the seat to ensure correct installation
- Ensure that the car seats safety harness is tight enough – you should be able to fit 2 fingers between the harness and your child’s chest
- Thoroughly read car seat and vehicle instruction manuals before installing your car seat, and then follow these instructions carefully
- Ensure that any indicators on the seat are showing that the seat is in the correct place and correctly fitted
- At Joie we have created installation videos for all of our car seats which can be found on our YouTube channel
Joie’s top products for stress-free travel:
- pact – The pactTM is Joie’s newest lightweight stroller, at only 6kg the pact is loaded with heaps of extras you won’t want to miss out on! With infant carrier compatibility (adaptors included), a lie-flat recline seat, and a UPF 50+ sun canopy the pact is one less piece of luggage to fuss over.
- i-Level – The i-Level is Joie’s first lie flat infant carrier, and even meets the new i-size R129 criteria! A lie flat lounger when strolling, this car seat cleverly converts in an instant from infant car seat to cuddly carrycot. With the best recline available for the best position possible, this infant carrier reclines to a cosy 157° angle
- dreamer – The Joie dreamer is a lightweight rocker with some handy extras that also packs flat, making it the perfect soothing solution whether at home or on-the-go! Its lightweight design and fully flat compact fold make packing-up for travel a breeze!
- excursion change & bounce travel cot – This is a road trip ready nursery with portable, pop-off toppers; with a portable changer and soothing seat that can be used on or off the cot – this travel cot makes the perfect solution at home or away!