Heinz top tip
Experiment by using different fruit such as pears, pineapple rings or mixed berries.
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup of raisins
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1oz butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
1.Lightly steam the apple and raisins before pureeing the fruit for babies 4-6 months or mashing for 7-10 months.
2. Mix the apple, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins together in a bowl, then place into a greased shallow dish. Bake for 10-15 mins at 180°C then remove from oven.
3. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan.
4. Whisk in the flour, eggs and milk to form a batter, then pour onto the apple mixture in the dish. Cook at 230°C for 15 minutes, or until the pancake is light and puffy.
5. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
For more recipes and meal inspiration, check out the Heinz Baby Club