Running out of ideas to keep your baby’s diet interesting and balanced? Heinz Baby has the ultimate meal planner tool so that now you can easily create a personalised meal plan for your baby.
Each weekly meal plan is created to help give your baby a balanced diet, with just the right tastes and textures needed for their stage of development.
Check out the delicious Heinz Baby recipes in the below sample menu plan (suitable for 4+ months)
Discover the Heinz Baby handy meal planner http://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/mealplanner
Fruit salad (6 servings)
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 small banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 small can of peaches in juice, chopped and drained (retain juice for mixing)
- Steam the apple and pear until soft.
- Mix all fruits together and puree in a blender with a little of the peach juice until you achieve a smooth consistency (runny for first foods, thicker puree for later in weaning).
Carrot and sweet potato mash (2 servings)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 heaped dessert spoon of tinned unsalted chickpeas/lentils
- 300ml water
- Peel and chop the carrot and sweet potato
- Add them to a large saucepan, along with the chickpeas or lentils and water
- Bring it to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the veg is lovely and soft
- Drain the water (but keep it to one side)
- With a hand blender, puree the mixture. If it looks a bit dry, just add some of the water you saved from earlier.
Pasta Bolognese (1 serving)
- 25g Cook at Home Baby Pasta Stars
- 20g minced beef
- Olive oil
- Fry the minced beef in the oil until cooked through but still soft.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain.
- Mix the pasta, sauce and beef together, heat through and serve.