From ‘Quick & Easy Weaning’ Ebury Press
This makes a nutritious breakfast. Make up portions of the fruit puree and freezes. Then you can thaw them overnight, ready to mix with your baby porridge in the morning. As your baby gets older you can simply stir in rather than puree.
Prep 8 minutes
Cook 8 minutes
Makes 4 portions
Suitable for freezing
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 150 ml milk
- 15g porridge oats (3 tbsp)
- Put the fruit into a saucepan together with the water. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the milk and porridge oats in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Combine the fruit and the porridge and blend together.